Keeping A Hide-a-Bed Clean

Category Miscellaneous
If you have a sofa that converts into a bed, keeping it clean and ready for the next guest is preferred. This is a guide about keeping a hide-a-bed clean.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if I were the last.

We have 2 small kids. To keep their crumbs and doo-dads from finding their way into the clean sheets and mattress of our couch hide-a-bed, I always tuck the sheets in tight and fold it half way up. At that point, I use an old twin sheet to cover the partially folded bed. I tuck it in tight at the head of the bed, that part slides partially into the back of the couch. Then I finish folding it up and there are no gaps to allow crumbs into the sheets.

When we need to use it, the sheets are already on, clean, and ready to go. I just pull the twin sheet off and throw it into the washer. It also makes it much easier to keep the couch clean - no more vacuuming with attachments, just pull up the sheet, shake it outside and re-use or put a fresh one on.

By Randi from Loving, TX