Laundry Detergent Recipe

I am looking for a recipe for laundry detergent.

By Steelepottery

my husband has fallen in love with the smell of our laundry

http://itsmells  aundry-soap.html also use 1/4 to 1/2 cup vinegar in the rinse cycle and the dryer sheets

http://itsmells  ryer-sheets.html

For a large recipe of dry detergent: 2 Boxes Borax, 3 Boxes washing soda, 8 cups flaked soap (too much differences in saying "bars of soap").

2 cups Baking Soda can be added also 1/2 box of favorite color safe bleach detergent

and essential oil drops; for your own personal options. I have tried all these variations over the years and have come up with my favorite, but we are all so different. Have fun!

1 box borax

1 box "washing soda" (not baking soda or washing powder)

2 bars fels naptha soap (grated)

1 box baking soda

After grating the soap, you can mix all of this together. it only takes about 1 tbsp for a load of laundry. It lasts a long time. With heavily soiled cloths I usually use 1 1/2 Tbsp. Hope this helps.

Also, my nephew has always had sensitive skin. My brother and his wife have bought almost every detergent imaginable and nothing has really stopped him from breaking out. This is the only thing that has not caused irritation to his skin. Not to mention that it can be made for around 10-12 $.

I have several listed on my homeschool blog.

countrysidechristianacademy.blogspot.com

Fill a 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full with hot water. Grate about 5 oz. of Ivory soap and dissolve it in a pot on the stovetop, stirring often. Add 1/2 cup borax and 1 cup washing soda to bucket. Then pour in the dissolved soap. Mix together to dissolve powders then fill bucket o the top with hot water. Cover and let sit overnight. Mixture will gel. When filling laundry detergent containers fill with 1 part detergent and 1 part water. Shake well before each use. You end up with 10 gallons of detergent! Use about 5 oz. per load. If you can't find washing soda use soda ash. It's the same thing. You can find it with swimming pool supplies. It will say sodium carbonate or soda ash. It's used to raise ph in swimming pools.

A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesApril 7, 2009
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of baking soda and borax.
DIY Dry Laundry Soap for $20 a Year
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 1:14:24 PM on 10.0.1.250 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.