AdviceHome Improvement

Sealer Recommendations for Faux Granite Counters

Can anyone offer advice about which sealer is the best choice for the faux granite counters. Previous posts have mentioned Envirotex, Parks, Varathane, Poly etc. I'm afraid of the epoxys, but want a durable, professional result. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Debbie from Suwanee, Ga

Answers

I can vouch for enviro-tex light. I used it on my daughters Kitchen counter top. Its been well over a year and it still lookes as good as it did the day I finished the project. I was pretty intimidated by the stuff at first--I just rolled my sleeves up and jumped in. Just make sure nothing is blowing directly on the stuff when its wet. ( like a vent) I had to sand, clean and lay down a second coat of enviro because of bumps. I know you can do this! If I can, anyone can. Good luck!