Almond Slices

Ingredients

• 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 cup cold water
  • 5 egg yolks
  • 8 Tbsp. milk
  • 8 Tbsp. flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Ad
  • 5 tsp. almond flavoring

Directions

Mix first 4 ingredients and prepare like pie dough. Roll out 1/2 or a little more and cover bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Bring up the sides 1 inch. Beat egg yolks, add milk, sugar, flour, salt and flavoring. Beat only until well blended. Pour filling in pan and over with rest of the dough that has been rolled out. Pinch the sides together to seal the edges of the crust. Brush top with leftover egg whites and sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits in top of crust to permit escape of steam. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done. Do not overbake.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Sounds yummy gonna give it a try:)

I'm not sure I understand how this goes together. What do I do with the dough not used to originally line the pan? Does in go on top with the filling side up or down, or have I misunderstood entirely. Sounds so good I want to try it, but need clarification.

Editor's Note: The c was left out of cover but I think this is the part you are asking about: Pour filling in pan and cover with rest of the dough that has been rolled out.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PastriesJune 15, 2007
bowl of shredded coconut
Making Almond Joy Bars
Almonds
Making Homemade Almond Extract
Almond Bark
Storing Almond Bark
Almond Crescent Cookies
Almond Crescent Cookies
🎄