FlowersGardening

White Flowers That Bloom In June

I am throwing a graduation for my granddaughter in June. The theme is black and white so I want to know what White flowers are in bloom in June. Can I plant seeds this late to bloom in June, which will be hot about 80. I will need a lot.

firewater from Napa, CA

If you can find someone in your area that has gardenia bushes, that would be my choice. They are beautiful and the smell is so wonderful.

Yes it is too late to start flowers from seed to bloom in June, but you can get small starter plants from a plant store or nursery that could grow to a decent size by June. I would go to the best local nursery and ask their help in selecting the proper plants for your location and situation. Flowers differ a great deal on the area of the country, etc.

There will be different flowers blooming in June in PA than in CA, i think. Right now I am thinking of white iris and white roses.

In your area do you have wild flowers? I not sure of the scientific name, but we call them "Queen Ann's Lace" they are white and here in the southeast they grow wild and usually last until mid June or later. You can also put them into colored water and the stems soak up the color and the lace type flower turn the color of the water.

Hope this helped. You may discover different types of wild flowers that are white in your area. This would save so much money.

Martha in TN