Storing Strawberries

Stop strawberries from spoiling and make them last 7-10 days by washing berries well and setting them on a paper towel to dry. Turn them over after an hour. When they are completely dry, line the plastic box or container they came in with a paper towel. Put berries back in box and close lid. That's it. You'll rarely have to throw any of them away again.

I was desperate over loosing my berries to mold so one day I thought I would try doing this and, to my surprise, it worked. I bet if you tried the same thing with tomatoes, it will prevent them from over ripening too.

By GloriaZ from Hoffman Estates, IL

Wash the strawberries and put in any type of container and add a little 7up. They will last for more than a week.

I'm a caregiver and while atmy couples house I discovered a whole package of freshe strwberries were in the freezer uncovered or wrapped and still in the hard plastic container (the one with the holes in it) Can these be saved at all? Thanks in advance!

As I had to throw out 2 strawberries this morning due to that white yucky stuff on them, I thought I have got to check on thriftyfun & check out a solution.

Thank you!

Selecting Good Strawberries. Storing Strawberries.Bunch of Ripe Red Streawberries
Storing Strawberries
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 21, 2010
Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries in a Greenhouse
Coring or Hulling Strawberries
Tips for Coring or Hulling Strawberries
filled strawberry
Making Stuffed Strawberries
Fresh strawberries in a jar with a colander in the background.
Canning Strawberries
🎉
🎄