Tips for Cutting Fresh Pineapple

Category Fruit
There are a few ways to make preparing pineapple easier, and get the most of your fruit. This page contains tips for cutting pineapple.

I rarely purchase a fresh pineapple because they are such a pain to remove the skin without losing a lot of the fruit. Well, here was a 'duh' moment when a neighbor shared with me how she peels a pineapple.

Cut off the top and bottom and then make a complete lengthwise cut along the peel into the flesh and then cut your slices. Once sliced just lift the the edge of the peel that was cut and pull it away. Core each slice if you would like or need to with a paring knife.

By Ann from Richland, WA

Cutting a fresh pineapple is not nearly as daunting as most people think. One day it just occurred to me to use my electric knife instead of a chef's knife. I buzzed through it in no time with very little waste. Oh so easy!