Pull-Apart Pineapple

This is a fun way to tackle a pineapple that keeps you from having to peel, core and slice. This is best done with a super ripe pineapple because the flesh is easy to twist and pull at. You will need one pineapple and one sharp pairing knife.

1. Cut the top of the pineapple off, using the zig zag lines of the fruit as a guide.
  2. Keep the crown of the pineapple because you can use this to root and grow a whole new pineapple in some soil.
  3. Lay the pineapple down and roll it around to soften up the fruit segments.
  4. Stand the pineapple up and use you fingers to pull the segments apart with a twisting motion.
  5. Advertisement

Attosa,

I never ever thought or dreamed a pineapple had "segments" that could be removed.

Are you zig-zagging the entire outside of the pineapple with the paring knife? I'm baffled.

Or are the segments (in place already inside of it) after the top is removed?

Thanks so much! :)

Just zig-zag the top! Then when you roll it (press down pretty hard when rolling) the segments will loosen up then you can actually twist and pull. If you look at other online videos of this method and people are just popping them off, they have actually precut the segments and picked at them easily :) All you need is one very ripe pineapple, the top off, and have it rolled :)

Thanks Attosa :)

I'm glad you let me know that about "just the top" and rolling. Yes, I understand how that would help.

I'm SO glad you told me about this, because who ever knew that? haha :) Maybe I just didn't, but I'm sure glad I do now! :)

Thank you again! :)

I have eaten fresh pineapple but have never bought one, mainly because I don't know how to handle it. You have given a tip that I'm going to have to try. Thanks.

Excellent! Do make sure it's ripe and ready or else it will be very tough pulling apart :) I'm not a fan of the traditional cutting and coring of the pineapple, so this is pretty nice :)

CraftsMay 11, 2019
🍂
🎄