Postcards as Trip Souvenirs

contest winner icon

Here's a great tip for road trips or any vacations; the kids love it and it is a space saver! Wherever your vacation is, always get a postcard and write your highlights on it and date it. Take a hole puncher, punch a hole and collect them on a sturdy key ring. This is so easy, you can make your own and let the kids do theirs. What a easy way to remember trips, have fun collecting postcards, and save on storage space.

By Linda from Oceanside, CA

This is a really neat idea. I think we will try it on our next trip

TC in MO

This is a neat tip. Thanks for sharing. I have been collecting postcards for years. I slip them into my photo album mixing them right in with my vacation pics. You'd better believe I'm going to start writing notes on the back. What a great way to keep your memories fresh!

I've had a post card collection since I was 10 years old. I continued the tradition with our kids. I always write on the back of the card to and from plus the date of the vacation and where it was. Post cards are a very cheap souvenir. Sometimes I buy some extra ones to add to our photo albums.

Souvenir Shop in New York
Saving Money on Souvenirs
Travel and Recreation TravelJanuary 22, 2007
Buying souvenirs in a Turkish shop.
Buying Souvenirs While Traveling
Woman Writing Postcard at Home
Homemade Postcard Ideas
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money at Disneyland