Disassembling China Glued With Krazy Glue

Can you tell me how to separate pieces of china glued together with Krazy Glue? Please and thanks.

By Judiann from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't know if it will work on china, but people usually remove Crazy Glue with Crazy Glue Remover, acetone (nail polish remover) or vegetable oil.

Re Superglued china. Have tried acetone. Didn't work. Tried by "painting" it on & also tried by soaking in it. Still didn't work. Help, please!

I am sorry to tell you that even if you can get them apart you're not going to be able to use them for food anymore. China is porous and the chemicals (including the crazy glue) leach/seep in to them. So sorry for the bad news. :-(

You might try putting it in the freezer. You used to not be able to use Super Glue below freezing. I used it for my rear view mirror once and come winter mirror dropped off windshield.

Use lacquer thinner. It will disolve almost all glues.

Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 15, 2010
Photos Glued in Photo album
Removing Glued on Photos
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China