Footstool Made from Juice Cans

Does anyone have the instructions for making footstools out of large juice cans? These were made in the 1950's, as well as I can remember.

I do not have a pattern but have made them.It takes 7 cans and fabric. Wrap each can in fabris whip stitch closed thats the easy part. Now take 1 can and sew it to another turning the frist seam to the same side. keep adding more cans to the end can number six you sew back to the frist can to make a circle.Slide the last can into center. carfully sew it to other cans at top and bottom. Set the whole stole onto the fabric you want the bottom to be.trace the stoll message about 1/2 inch larger then your line. cut on this line. fold in the extra 1/2 inch and sew to the cans. Do the same for the top if you want to put a little cushioning on it cut it about 1 inch larger stuff after you have sewn cover to all but 1 can stuff then sew last can. Hope this helps

I bought a birdbath top in a sale, it was lovely, but I needed a leg to stand it on. I glued tin cans together with ''no more nails'', then I glued paper kitchen towels over them with PVA glue and water. Then I glued small stones to cover with ''hard as nails'' as well. It has been outside for three years and still looks brilliant. I hope this helps!

March 2, 2010 Flag

How can you make a footstool from juice cans?

Footstool Made from Juice Cans

I made one many years ago. If you don't put something in between the cans they will make a noise every time they are moved. (04/04/2009)

By kffrmw88

April 3, 2009 Flag

Would anyone have instructions on how to make a foot stool out of 48 oz. juice cans? My mom had several a very long time ago and I would like to make a sunflower one for my daughter.
Thanks for any help anyone can give to me!

Footstool from 48 oz Juice Cans?

I know I'm replying to an older request, but I'm brand new to this board; I found it searching for this very thing! My greatgrandma had a "footstool" like this, and I've always wanted one. If you're still looking, I've found another set of directions for one, actually made with the juice cans and with a photo for those who can't imagine what one looks like. (weblink) (03/25/2004)

By RoisinDubh

Footstool from Large Juice Cans

You can also go to They did one awhile back, it was really cute. (08/24/2006)

By IMAQT1962

Footstool from Large Juice Cans

You can use the same concept with many types of cans. For example, using aluminum cans stacked upon each other. I would probably fill at least some of the aluminum cans with dry beans or rice to give it some weight and stability. I have also thought about those gallon-sized glass jars. It might be neat to fill them up with oddities - buttons, marbles, old tiny toys, etc. and add a padded top. (08/25/2006)

By Elizabeth

Making a Footstool from Juice Cans
Crafts Recycled CraftsMarch 2, 2010
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice