Juice Can Lid Wind Chimes
Another use for those smooth can lids from the Pampered Chef Can Opener or from frozen juice concentrate. You can paint on a design of your own or use stamps. Just make sure the stamps are small enough to fit in the center of the lid where there are no ridges.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour
- smooth can lids
- paint primer
- acrylic paints: white, bright pink, warm yellow
- wooden beads and spools
- stamps, optional
- stick or bamboo garden stake
- hot or tacky glue
- With large nail and hammer, make a hole in the top of each can lid.
- Prime 3-5 lids and dry.
- Paint desired background color.
- Draw on a design and paint or use desired stamp (We used a simple star).
- Seal with varnish.
- Cut several lengths of twine, about 18 inches each.
- Tie twine to bamboo. Add a touch of glue to hold in place.
- String on some beads and spools, knotting afterward.
- Tie on can lids at different points on each string.
- Finish with more beads and knots.
- Attach another piece of twine to edges of bamboo for hanging. Secure with glue.
- Add large bead to each end of bamboo and secure with glue.
This would be a cheap craft for kids. Stamps may be best for them.
Prepare lids with holes and primer ahead of time so the kids can go right to it!
By CinDy from Waynesburg, PA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.