Shelf Life of Perfume

What happens to perfume that is a few years old? I am looking for Avon's "Perceive" that has been discontinued, but am worried that it may have lost something with age. Does perfume age or go "bad"?

Thanks for your input.

By nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

In my experience it gets a bit stronger, but this just might be the one I had "lost" in a drawer for a couple of years. Others may be different.

When my mom passed away in the 80's I found a bottle of Blue Waltz perfume in her dresser drawer that had been there since the 50's. It stunk to the extreme. After going on the web and doing a little research I learned some perfume will improve with age and it is just the opposite for others. It can change color, but even if it does, you can still use it. So no matter what the age of the perfume, if it doesn't pass the smell test, throw it out. If it does, go ahead and use it.

Perfume will fare better if it is kept in a cool, dark place.

Some perfume smells hideous when it is old. You can get fresh "old" perfumes from the Vermont Country Store on line catalogue. Just type in Vermont Country Store and it should come up. You can even get blue waltz.

Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 5, 2009
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar