Thrifty Kori

This is Kori, who lives about 40 miles from me. She is 14 years old and has already saved $3,500 toward her college education. She helped her neighbors "cowboy" and they gave her six calves that looked weak or had been rejected by their mothers. She successfully raised all of them; even the ones the owners thought couldn't possibly live. They got up to 700 pounds or so and she sold them at the livestock sale, which added $2,400 to her account. She also raises pygmy goats just for fun. Her mother says she's "already an entrepreneur." She started saving her pennies at age 5. Is she thrifty or what?

Coreen from ID

Thrifty Kori

Wow! Way to go Kori! You are an inspiration!:)

Excellent, Kori, and you have a good friend in Coreen.

That was awesome! I am glad those calves got a second chance because of Kori.

She is a very smart young girl and someone did

an incredible job raising her.

My husband told me how he learned about money.

His dad gave him a pig to raise and then he got piglets and gave did small amount for feed then he

branched up to calves and cows and purchased his first car and helped pay for his college. I love that story and sometimes have him tell it to others.

It is something that needs to be told so children can learn the value of money and be wise and of course

"ThriftyFun" people!!!

Photos InspirationalMay 29, 2007
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Close-up of Little Chocolate Bells
Saving Money On Candy
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline