Pants Stained by a Leather Belt

I put my white jeans through the wash with my brown leather belt still on and the brown colour of the belt has run and stained my jeans. Do you have a remedy that will get the stain out?

Thank you.

By Sue from Melbourne, Australia

January 19, 2011 Flag

My husband's new leather belt rubbed off on his new light colored pants. The pants are 100% cotton, washable and are a heavy canvas material. The stains are all around the waist band. Any suggestions as how to remove stains without ruining the pants? I haven't tried to do anything with them yet and I've only washed them once or twice.

jencarn from Gurnee, IL

Pants Stained by a Leather Belt

I recently discovered a stain after a shirt was in the dryer. After trying everything under the kitchen sink, I used Oxiclean granules mixed in hot water and soaked the stain.

It removed the stain within minutes. It's worth a try.
Good luck. (04/10/2006)

By Ceil

Pants Stained by a Leather Belt

Ask hubby if he even cares. If he wears the pants with a belt all the time, it won't show. (10/22/2008)

By Red Neck

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 19, 2011
Leather Belt Bracelets
Making Leather Belt Bracelets
Lace Garter Belt
Buying a Garter Belt
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
A toddler wearing jeans and a sweater.
Keeping a Toddler's Pants Up