How Do I Clean the Condenser Coils on a Maytag Refrigerator?

I have a Maytag French door refrigerator that is freezing my produce. The owner's manual tells me to clean the condenser coils, but it doesn't tell me where they are or how to do it. There were no similar questions in the 3000+ previously asked questions.

The back of the frig is enclosed so there's no access there, but there is a small faceplate under the floor of the frig, is that where they are? How do I get the faceplate off? It doesn't just pull off, but there are no screws that I can find holding it in place. And do I vacuum these coils or maybe use an air compressor with blower unit attached? Any help here will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

By Sandy from Bandon, OR

I would contact Maytag through the phone or with an e-mail and ask them. Or go to your local Maytag dealer and ask them. Some models do not need cleaning. If you do not have access to the coils, yours may be one of them.

There is a brush made specifically for this; I have one I use. There should be a plate at the bottom of the fridge that just snaps off. After you get it off run the brush back and forth between the coils and the brush collects all the "stuff". Check a hardware store and I think you'll find one. It's a long skinny brush.

Thank you all very much for the info!! Found the brush at the local hardware store, finally got the faceplate off thanks to the people at said hardware store, and cleaned those dratted coils. Woo hoo! Now we'll see if that fixes the problem. if not, I'll be back for more info. S

Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorMay 16, 2010
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 5:23:17 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.