Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Frugal School Lunch Ideas

I need ideas for inexpensive, everyday, delicious ideas for school lunches.

By marlene67nyc

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By merry woods [2]09/15/2009

Remember to keep it healthy - you know what they say "what you eat today, walks and talks tomorrow" - try vegie sticks - carrot, celery, etc. Home made muffins are nice - you can make savoury as well as sweet ones - they can be frozen ahead of time and just popped in to defrost during the day. Pita bread pockets filled with healthy things, different kinds of breads to keep it interesting, fruit of course. rice or noodle salads are always nice and keep nicely. Good luck

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Frugal School Lunch Ideas

Create your own pizza lunch kits. Toast bread and cutout little circles with a biscuit cutter or use English muffins. Add small containers of pizza sauce, cheese, and other toppings. You can also make your own brownie bites. Bake brownie mix in mini-muffin pans and put three "brownie bites" in a sandwich bag for each child's lunch. They freeze well too. These are much cheaper than the lunch kits and brownie bites you buy in the store.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

RE: Frugal School Lunch Ideas

When my son was younger, I made homemade Lunchables for him. I cut up meat (turkey, ham, roast, pepperoni, etc.) and cheese (American, mozzarella, cheddar whatever I had), gave him some crackers and pickle slices. They were quick to make, easy to pack, and he loved them. (08/24/2007)

By susanmajp