Homemade Cheese and Cracker Lunch Kits

There is no need to buy those expensive prepackaged lunch kits for your kids or yourself. Choose your own meats, cheeses, crackers, and other components for a better and less expensive lunch. This is a guide about homemade cheese and cracker lunch kits.

Do your kids like those expensive pre-made lunch kits? I have a better and less costly idea that works for my 6 year old grand-daughter. When I need to pack her a lunch for school or a field trip, I take all store brand essentials to make the "kit".

I use a cookie cutter to cut out the ham or turkey lunch meat, cut up a slice of cheese into little squares, put in a few Ritz crackers, 2 Oreo's, and a bag or box drink. I put all that in a reusable container. She loves the flower or heart designs of the meat the best, and it costs a fraction of the price.

By Mary W from Virginia Beach, VA

Much healthier too. Those pre-made lunches are loaded with salt, msg and preservatives with high calories.

What a great idea! Kids love those pre-made expensive lunch packs. Most of the time it is just the novelty of having the cute way it is packaged.

Thank you for sharing with us! By preparing it yourself, you can be sure of good ingredients, and can use good ingredients that are much better health-wise.

Anonymous

Love this idea! Sneak in a few pieces of thinly sliced celery and/or carrots too. ;-)