Upgrading My Computer to XP

My computer is old. I bought it in 2000, I would like to up grade it to XP. Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

It's really simple, and XP is my favorite. Buy the software, follow the instructions -- it does all the work for you!

If your computer is older, you might need more RAM or memory, however. Be sure to bring all the info re: your computer to the store, so they can tell you if it will hold XP.

WWW.YahooGroups.com has computer groups you can join, there are very helpful people to answer a lot of questions for you. Win Tips & Tricks and Computer Help and Discussion are two very good groups. Worth checking out!

XP needs at least 256mb ram to run ok. 512mb ram to run smoothly. If you bought the computer in 2000, it may cost almost as much to buy a new pc with XP on it, instead of trying to upgrade.

Computers UpgradingJanuary 28, 2008
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software