Smelly Bathroom Sink Drain

I have an odor coming from the overflow drain in my bathroom sink. What is causes it and how do I get rid of it?

By Lynda

If it's the drain that stinks, use a flashlight & look down the pipe to see if you see anything in there. We had that problem a couple of times & it was from someone (a kid) dropping something down the sink & not telling us. Once it was a toothbrush & once a paintbrush. They can't go down the drain, so they sit there & gather slime & bacteria & get really gross! Once we took the elbow pipe off & cleaned it out, the smell was gone.

I put a small amount of chlorine with water down it. I haven't had a problem since.

sink drain
Cleaning Smelly Drains
Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingMarch 29, 2010
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄