VHS Stuck in TV/VCR Combo

A VHS tape is stuck in our small Magnovox TV/VCR combo. I've tried nudging it without any result. What else can I try? Thank you.

By AldiShopper from New Haven, NY

I used to have to take off the top of our vcr all the time to remove stuck tapes. Usually the tape is wrapped around the heads or loose inside. But you cant remove the top on a combo unit. We used to have one of those but it was so problematic we ended up giving it away for just the tv.

This one sounds a little too easy to be true but it is worth a try:

http://wiki.ans  _VHS_tape_in_VCR

I can't really say I understand this fix (by Sharon ...near the bottom) but several people responded that it worked for them. Please be very careful if you try this.

http://www.howt  ers.php?id=73308

You could call a repair place and get an price estimate but I would think it would be at least 30 dollars. Never hurts to ask. And of course if you get the tape out I wouldn't try to wide it back up. I would toss it and clean the vcr heads. Good luck to you.

I had a machine that this would happen to also. Sometimes if you unplug the unit and then plug it back in it will eject the tape by itself.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large) VCRApril 21, 2009
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
VHS Tape
Organizing VHS Tapes
Plastic VHS Boxes
Uses for Plastic VHS Cases
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:24:22 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.