Should I Use Plastic or China for a 50th Anniversary Backyard Party?

I am planning a 50th anniversary in my backyard. Should I use china or plastic?

By Joey from Chicago

Formal apparel and decor; Go with the china. Informal apparel and decor; Go with plastic

Personally, I wouldn't want my good china outdoors to risk breakage.

Use whichever you want to. Myself, being I am all for making things as easy as possible for myself I would would go with plastic or paper. Anything that doesn't have to be washed.

Backyard party, use disposables. Make life easier.

China

Why not stick with disposable plates and plastic ware. You can buy 50th anniversary disposable plates, cups, napkins etc. in party stores. They come in a large array of colors and designs. If this is for a family member see if you can get others to help you in planning this event.

The answer for me would be plastic being outside. They make pretty good plastic stuff now that you could get instead of just the old styrofoam ones.

I also wouldn't want to risk my entire set of good china possibly being chipped or broken but you could consider using china only for the couple that are going to be the guests of honor but only if you don't mind possible oopsie chips or breaks done by them. If the couple were special to my heart I would risk that for them.

Chinette and some other manufacturers have some beautiful disposable sets that look like the real thing. As special as a 50th anniversary is, I wouldn't want the added stress of fretting over your good china. Congrats to the happy couple! 50 years together is practically unheard of in this day and age.

Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversaryApril 3, 2011
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
🎄