Instead of throwing out that old cigar box, why not make it into a fashion statement this July 4th. A variation of a cigar purse with an American Flag on the outside
- cigar box (Wooden)
- red, white, and blue felt (and other felt colors for the lining inside the box)
- spray adhesive
- drawer handle (w/hardware)
- electric drill
- Take any color felt and cut it to fit inside the cigar box.
- Spray the inside of the cigar box with adhesive.
- Adhere the felt inside the cigar box as a lining.
- Extra: With a needle and some black thread, sew a pocket onto the felt piece going on the box lid. Make it large enough to hold your driver's license or credit cards.
- Cut white felt to fit all surfaces of the cigar box.
- Adhere the felt to the outside of the cigar box. (It should be completely covered with white felt.)
- Cut a rectangle out of blue felt.
- Adhere the felt in the top left corner on the cigar box lit.
- Cut seven stripes out of red felt.
- Adhere the felt in the stripe pattern of the American flag.
- Let dry.
- With an electric drill, attach the drawer handle to the cigar box - over the clasp to open/close the box.
If your spray adhesive will not stick felt to felt, use normal white glue or fabric glue.
You now have a one-of-a-kind, patriotic American Flag cigar purse for this Fourth of July!
This is a great craft for summer camps! Cigar boxes can be obtained at many tobacco stores.