Cigar Box Purse
Instead of throwing out that old cigar box, why not make it into a fashion statement this July 4th. A variation of a cigar purse with an American Flag on the outside
- cigar box (Wooden)
- red, white, and blue felt (and other felt colors for the lining inside the box)
- spray adhesive
- drawer handle (w/hardware)
- electric drill
- Take any color felt and cut it to fit inside the cigar box.
- Spray the inside of the cigar box with adhesive.
- Adhere the felt inside the cigar box as a lining.
- Extra: With a needle and some black thread, sew a pocket onto the felt piece going on the box lid. Make it large enough to hold your driver's license or credit cards.
- Cut white felt to fit all surfaces of the cigar box.
- Adhere the felt to the outside of the cigar box. (It should be completely covered with white felt.)
- Cut a rectangle out of blue felt.
- Adhere the felt in the top left corner on the cigar box lit.
- Cut seven stripes out of red felt.
- Adhere the felt in the stripe pattern of the American flag.
- Let dry.
- With an electric drill, attach the drawer handle to the cigar box - over the clasp to open/close the box.
If your spray adhesive will not stick felt to felt, use normal white glue or fabric glue.
You now have a one-of-a-kind, patriotic American Flag cigar purse for this Fourth of July!
This is a great craft for summer camps! Cigar boxes can be obtained at many tobacco stores.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 21, 2017 at 2:39:22 AM on 10.0.0.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us