Generation Clutch for Valentine's Day or any other occasion. Need cigar box with handle painted with acrylic on the outside. Use black and white photos copied on printer paper, cut in different shapes, Modpodge for glue and top coat after dried. Use any photos for a clutch full of memories. I used my 7 generations for it!
By Sharon from Hickory Hills, IL
Rebecca Lanham1 found this helpful
July 4, 2007
Instead of throwing out that old cigar box, why not make it into a fashion statement this July 4th. A variation of a cigar purse with an American Flag on the outside
- cigar box (Wooden)
- red, white, and blue felt (and other felt colors for the lining inside the box)
- spray adhesive
- drawer handle (w/hardware)
- electric drill
- Take any color felt and cut it to fit inside the cigar box.
- Spray the inside of the cigar box with adhesive.
- Adhere the felt inside the cigar box as a lining.
- Extra: With a needle and some black thread, sew a pocket onto the felt piece going on the box lid. Make it large enough to hold your driver's license or credit cards.
- Cut white felt to fit all surfaces of the cigar box.
- Adhere the felt to the outside of the cigar box. (It should be completely covered with white felt.)
- Cut a rectangle out of blue felt.
- Adhere the felt in the top left corner on the cigar box lit.
- Cut seven stripes out of red felt.
- Adhere the felt in the stripe pattern of the American flag.
- Let dry.
- With an electric drill, attach the drawer handle to the cigar box - over the clasp to open/close the box.
If your spray adhesive will not stick felt to felt, use normal white glue or fabric glue.
You now have a one-of-a-kind, patriotic American Flag cigar purse for this Fourth of July!
This is a great craft for summer camps! Cigar boxes can be obtained at many tobacco stores.