Does an Old Cigar Box Have Any Value?

Category Miscellaneous
Depending on the brand, age and condition of a cigar box, it can have value to the right person. This is a guide about does an old cigar box have any value?

How do I find the value of an old cigar box? I checked the tobacco company, but I would like to know if the box is worth anything as is, or should I do what I want to it.

By Sheilah Link

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

It might be worth quite a bit depending on it's rarity. Check out different collectible sites and antique collectible sites. Type in things like antique cigar boxes, collectible cigars boxes and even just cigar boxes and see what you can find out. There are oodles of links that will help you find out and many of them will show photos.

I came across this cigar box. There was a stamp on it, Councilor Cigars. Additionally, there was a tax paid stamp on it that said, 50 cigars United States Internal Revenue with the guy on it by the name of Clay, series of 1910, active August 5th 1909.

On one of the sides of the box it says Rothschilds and on the bottom it says factory number 1614 1st District Pennsylvania 50. Is it worth anything?

Answers

On eBay, cigar boxes from that year can range from $25 to $250. Take it to a dealer for an appraisal.

this is a very nice cigar box in nice condition. It should fetch at the top of the market, all other variables taken into account such as supply v/ demand, etc

I have this site bookmarked because I thought I had a few valuable cigar boxes (turned out they were worthless, which I could learn just from eBay).

Perhaps this site can help you...I can't locate any history on this box from my sources. Post back what you learn:

www.cigarhistory.info/.../NCM_HOME.html