Value of a Vintage Cigar Box

I came across this cigar box. There was a stamp on it, Councilor Cigars. Additionally, there was a tax paid stamp on it that said, 50 cigars United States Internal Revenue with the guy on it by the name of Clay, series of 1910, active August 5th 1909. On one of the sides of the box it says Rothschilds and on the bottom it says factory number 1614 1st District Pennsylvania 50. Is it worth anything?

On eBay, cigar boxes from that year can range from $25 to $250. Take it to a dealer for an appraisal.

this is a very nice cigar box in nice condition. It should fetch at the top of the market, all other variables taken into account such as supply v/ demand, etc

I have this site bookmarked because I thought I had a few valuable cigar boxes (turned out they were worthless, which I could learn just from eBay).

Perhaps this site can help you...I can't locate any history on this box from my sources. Post back what you learn:

www.cigarhistory.info/.../NCM_HOME.html