Determining the Value of Antique China Dolls?

Category Dolls
While there are several ways to determine the value of collectibles, it can be a daunting or expensive process. This is a page about determining the value of antique china dolls.

What I need to know is how can I go about finding out the value of a China Doll that belonged to my Great Grandmother back around 1850's?

Answers

I might be able to help you. My sister collects dolls and has several books on dolls. She might be able to tell you about your doll if you post a picture of it.

If you would rather research this yourself, you can go to a library and request books ordered on dolls if they don't have one with your doll's picture.

Here's a link that you can see an 1850 china doll. They were glazed bisque or unglazed. Good luck.
museums.leics.gov.uk/.../GetObjectAction.do?objectKey=270047

Try yahoo groups for dolls and join one. Start there for suggestions.

You can go online to an expert such as terry kovel who is an expert and answers question about all sorts of antiques. She may even include you question in her weekly column in the newspaper. She is considered to be at the top of her field. Good luck, Travis

I would like to know the value of this doll. It was my great grandmother's, the back says Copr by Grace Putnam. When looking up those dolls, none have a closed fist like mine, though they all look similar.

The doll is roughly 20 inches long and has a cloth body. Thank you for any help/advice on this.

Answers

It says Grace S Putnam*

There are unlimited ways to search for a doll's value and each answer also has many variations, so a specific value is always relative. You can try an online search for "grace putnam doll value", search EBay, Craig's List, specific doll collectors online, etc. There is also a site which may help:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

I have an authentic Amanda Lenox china doll in the original box. This was given to me from my grandmother who owned a collectibles store. The price tag has a high price, I am not sure it is worth this any longer. I am looking for some info on current value. :)

By Nicole

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsJune 1, 2013
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Determining-the-Value-of-Antique-China-Dolls.html