Use Cheese Slicer For Cutting Eggs

Summer is just around the corner and you will probably be wanting to take some deviled eggs to those family picnics. I have found an easy and quick way to have perfect evenly sliced eggs every time without having some break. After you have boiled and peeled your eggs, take your wire cheese slicer and use it to slice those eggs right down the middle. Now you can remove the yolk and fix it with your favorite recipe.

By deebomb from Lexington South Carolina

That is a brilliant idea! The cheese slicer won't mash the egg like a knife would. Thanks for the tip. God bless you!

Hi - I liked your cheese slicer idea - but what I'd really like is the recipe for your devilled eggs - please!

Deviled eggs can be prepared then placed into washed & dried styrofoam egg cartons for easy storage & transportation to a picnic. They can be served from the egg cartons, simply remove the lid, it tears off easily leaving a 'serving tray'. A plastic spoon aids in removing the deviled eggs from the carton. There's nothing to take back home as the cartons are disposable.

Maybe I'm just dumb but I'm trying to figure out what kind of cheese slicer you are using. Mine has wire but then has a roller sort of thing....there is no way you could cut a hard-boiled egg with it. Must be a different kind of cheese slicer. I have been making deviled eggs for 30 years and never had any problem using a sharp knife to cut them.

Here's my deviled egg recipe. I've been using this same recipe for 30 years:

6 hard-cooked eggs

1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

1 teaspoon vinegar

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/8 teaspoon salt

Dash pepper

Paprika (opt.)

Halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks and mash with fork. Blend in remaining ingredients. Refill egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika. Serves 6

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsApril 12, 2007
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese