Making Easy Poached Eggs in the Microwave

Category Eggs
There are several ways to make poached eggs, using the microwave is one option. This is a guide about making easy poached eggs in the microwave.

This is a very easy way to poach an egg in one minute that turns out perfect every time.

Total Time: 90 seconds

Yield: 1 serving

Source: Myself

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg

1. Put water in a glass cereal bowl. Add 1 egg.
  2. Cover and microwave for 1 minute.
  3. Pour water off the egg through a slotted spoon.

Gotta try this! Thanks.

When poaching an egg like this, you must pierce the egg yolk or it could explode making a very messy clean up.

I usually do two eggs at a time, Piercing the yolks with a fork. It might take about one minute and fifteen seconds depending on your microwave, the time may vary.

I find the eggs cooked this way very easy and delicious.

Dear Grandmama,
I have never had a problem with them exploding. I have with other egg recipes, but not when I poached them.

Since they're so easy to make I only make one at a time so it's always warm when I eat it. Like you said it really depends on the microwave. Please try it my way without piercing the egg and you might be pleasantly surprised. Because of all the mess microwave eggs are well known for I only make the poached eggs now because of the simplicity and lack of mess. Sometimes I dribble a little Thousand Isles Dressing over it and the taste is amazing.