Installing Bobbin on Brother Sewing Machine

By rose phillips 1

I have acquired a very nice Brother sewing machine. I've always used a Singer, and I can't even figure out how to install the bobbin. I've gone on line to find a manual but I can't find the model number anywhere on the machine! What am I overlooking? Thank you so much.

Rose

Showing: Answers Sort

By Julie 48 564 Flag

I had a brother embroidery and sewing machine in one and returned it after just 1 week. I sew & sell on ebay so I needed a good one that would last. The brother I had was the one with the disney designs. I found that the bobbin cartridge that is suppose to be so easy was not at all. It seldom threaded its self and it jammed threads while sewing continously. I went back and bought a singer futura 250 sewing and embrodery machine and I love it, and have put alot of miles on it already. Not sure what model brother machine you have but I added 2 links that may be able to help you. Try looking up your model number to see if it tells you further on how to fix your troble your having. Also I searched quite a bit and jioned a futura talking group forum where you can post questions and get very helpful answers to any type problems that arize. Here is one brother group I'm sure there are many more that could be helpful to you as well. Goood Luck. I love sewing but those little things that stand it your way of it can be so frustrating.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.co ... p;c=us_ot&lang=en&titleid=36

http://www.amazon.com/tag/sewing%20machine%20brother/forum

and try finding them in yahoo groups to i'm sure you'll find one there as well.

On Brother .com you may be able to see a vedio of the bobbin being placed in your machine if you can find the model of your machine on there site.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Hi! Try this: www.safemanuals.com HTH, Cindy

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jeannette 3 Flag

Rose, Why don't you check out the BROTHERS SEWING MACHINE SITE ON LINE. They do picture a lot of their machines, perhaps this will help you identify your machine. Then you can email them will the proper model number and request a new handbook. No harm in trying, bit of work but it could solve your problem. jjs

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

They have a help line... 1-877-BROTHER in the US. There you will find the nicest most helpful people. I can guarantee help on any problem.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts SewingAugust 21, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Sewing Machine
Bobbin Case Keeps Falling Out of a Sewing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Assembling a ceiling fan.
Installing a Ceiling Fan
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 8:06:30 PM on 10.0.2.192 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings