Put Peg Board on Exposed Back of Shelves

I bought a bookcase really cheap off of craigslist, but you can watch your free cycle for one as well. The backing was just cardboard and I wanted to put the bookcase in so the side was against the wall to create more storage without blocking another shelf I had in place already or the window.

I went to Lowe's and bought a sheet of peg board on clearance for about $6 and had them cut it there to the size of the back of the bookcase. I nailed it on the back of the bookcase. Now I have a place to hang things, have a sturdier back to the bookcase and it is easier to see and get at things you store there. You can make your own hooks from a wire hanger if you want.

By Lori from Palm Bay, FL

But it could be cork board as well, lol. Another good idea by accident!

Totes on shelves.
Organizing Shelves
Organizing Clutter ControlDecember 7, 2010
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Making Wooden Locker Shelves
Making Wooden Locker Shelves
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎉
🎄