Study Tip: Rewrite Lecture Notes

Here's what I found helpful when I was in college. The notes I took during lecture were usually messy, and could be hard to read and study from. Therefore, I would rewrite my lecture notes. I would use 3-4 different color pens (to help highlight important words, concepts, etc.). I rewrote the notes on loose leaf paper so I could easily access them in a binder. I always tried to rewrite the notes within a day or so of lecture, so that the information was still relatively fresh in my head.

I found this to be a great study tool, both as I rewrote the notes and when it came to studying for exams. After I had completed the classes, I kept all my notes. I found that I used them for reference for other classes (especially those in my major) and for tutoring other students.

By Melanie from Iowa

I did this too, back in the early sixties.

I am a college lecturer and this is a great idea! Alot of my students use this idea (colored pens). Also, writing SOS next to important points proves invaluable for them!

I also did this and it helps tremendously! I also realized that just the act of writing the information over again helped me to remember it much better. Great tip!

In rewriting notes, you may also reorganize them, add information, make references to text books and other materials, use different colors of ink or symbols to make they more meaningful to you. I, too, like rethatterb, went to school in the '60's at a time when no one had ever heard of learning disablities, and rewriting my notes got me through as I have a problem remembering what I hear. You will need to experiment and find a system that works for you, but learning how you learn is the most important.

Parenting TeenSeptember 9, 2009
Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Dry Erase Board
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Writing on a smartphone.
Writing Notes Without Paper
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
🎉
🎄