Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I have pigmentation on my face and took treatments from many different angles, ex: kaya, apolo skin specialist etc. I have taken chemical peeling and dermabrasion, too, but the pigmentation comes back. Please suggest to me a treatment where I can get rid of this once and for all. I never go out and do use a sunscreen (Sun Grace spf40 suggested by my Dr.) The treatments which I've taken were pretty costly and still no luck.

By Ranjini from Bangalore, India

There's two things I know of that have worked very well.

Retin A, used at the very least 3X a week on the spot.

This causes the cells to keep exfoliating, as you may have too many melanocytes (skin coloring cells) going a bit haywire.

The continous cellular turnover that Retin A causes, will eventually eliminate them, but...this isn't a *one time fix it forever thing*.

Retin A must be continued, as long as you want

the darker spots gone. Once you stop using it,

the hyperpigmented spots may come back.

Or, you can go to a dermatologist, and have them

frozen off, with liquid nitrogen. That works instantly, because it destroys the irratic cells, thus causing brand new cells to heal the skin, and continue to thrive. There's no marks or scars left from this procedure, as it's very superficial on the skin also.

Liquid nitrogen is touched onto the dark hyperP spots, which then slightly burns them, since liquid nitrogen is so cold - and then in a few days, the skin just peels off, like sunburned skin, revealing brand new skin again without the spots.

I've had this done several times, and I like it, because it's an instant cure to any spots that are hyperpigmented.

The Retin A, that takes ultimate dedication of using it 3X a week "for the long run".

April 6, 2011 Flag

I have been doing treatment of hyperpigmentation on my face, neck, and hands from the last 10 months, but I have gotten very little benefit. I have used Melagard 50+, Elocon, Melalite, etc., but has not seen any significant results. What should I do?

By Bhavana from Nagpur

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Listed below are some effective home remedies for hyperpigmentation:

By joshuaty2010

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

joshuanty2010 has some really good home remedies, but I must mention that it saddens me to the depth of my soul that people think assorted skin colors are of so much concern. I am of mixed heritage and have a cousin who was dark skinned whose skin slowly (in patches) went to white and that caused her great consternation until she realized that it is her inner being is what mattered most and if people judged her for her loss of pigmentation then that was their problem.

Some of us are skinny, some fat, some black, brown, yellow, or white. Some have big ears, nose, mouth, or feet and some have tiny hands, lips, or eyes. When I was young thin lips and pencil thin eyebrows were what made someone pleasing and then it turned to thick eyebrows and large lips being popular. Please just celebrate what God has blessed each of us with and not worry so much about fitting in to what society deems popular. I'll venture to bet that you are quite beautiful just the way you are and simply don't know it. :-) (02/07/2011)

By Deeli

January 29, 2011 Flag

I have hyperpigmentation on my face and neck. I tried lot of creams, but it is not working well. Now I want to try some homemade treatment. Please help me.

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I have a handful of family members who live with hypopigmentation (which is the opposite of your worry) and simply cover it with cosmetics or accept it. In your case you could do the same by covering with cosmetics or accepting it and, in your case, always use sun screen and cover yourself with clothing and a hat when out in the sun as much as possible so it doesn't keep progressing. In my family members' cases they don't even have a chance to to stop the progression because they are losing melanin (genetic) rather than being able to stop melanin production.

You might want to read this link about both hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation: (12/06/2010)

By Deeli

December 3, 2010 Flag

I have lot deep hyperpigmentation on my face. It is increasing day by day. I have tried a lot of cosmetics, some very expensive. I have also tried chemical peeling, but it does not help. Please help me.

By Delila from Dubai

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

The best way is to #1 avoid exposure to the sun (you live in a sunny place!), #2 always wear sunscreen with a PF of 15+ and reapply frequently, and #3 wear hats/sunglasses. There are a lot of products out now for hyperpigmentation in all the current brands of skin care we can get here at the drugstore. I would suggest applying a product directly on the dark spots to get them to blend in and after that then use on the entire area. I have also read that you can use lemon juice, but I have not yet tried that. (11/03/2010)

By pamphyila

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Do you have access to fresh aloe vera plants? The fresh gel from the plants is extremely good for skin. (11/09/2010)

By devi_13ck

November 3, 2010 Flag

I have brown spots on my face. It is hyperpigmentation. Not even prescription creams have worked.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceApril 6, 2011
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores