Vacuum Your Sewing Machine

Over time, particles of dust, pieces of thread and other debris can buildup inside your sewing machine and cause it to run poorly. Remove the thread, bobbin, and face plate and vacuum out the inside of your sewing machine periodically.

Another thing to enhance this:

Take about an 18 inch long piece of flexible plastic tubing (like you use for a fish tank or a little larger). Using a piece of duct tape, tape over the end of your vacuum hose and attach the tubing (to attach the tubing making an airtight joining to maintain suction). Then vacuum your sewing machine. It allows you to get into every tiny crevice. When done just pull off the duct tape. If any residue of the tape sticks, it cleans off easily with rubbing alcohol. I do this and clean my sewing machine, serger and computer keyboards (and any other little nook or cranny I can't get into otherwise), then pull off the duct tape and save the tubing until the next time.

Cheryl

http://www.2ewenique.com

There is on the market--small tools to attach to the vaccum cleaner wand. I call this my Barbie vaccum cleaner set. Miniture extensions, brushes, etc. For the $8 they are handy for computers, sewing machines, electronics you need TINY for.

If you don't want to invest--try this.

Take the vaccum wand, use a small disposable bathroom cup-poke a hole in the end, insert a bendable straw--the bend part away from you. You may need to tape it in place. Put the cup over the end of the vaccum wand, and you have a mini throw away set. This works for short timed projects. The straw can get into many places.

Also another idea: Take it outside and use the air compressor on it to blow out the dust/lint then oil up the machine and you should be ready to go again. My latest machine is 20 years young and still running. My older machine is 45 years old and still running smooth. Thousands of hours and all types of materials from car seats, coat leathers, to the finest wedding dresses/baptismal gowns have come off these machines.

Seamstress Threading Sewing Machine
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Sewing Machine
Crafts SewingDecember 13, 2006
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Sewing Machine Cover
Making a Sewing Machine Cover
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎉
🎄