CD Scare Crows

Old CDs or DVDs glinting in the sun make the best bird scarers.

By Lucy L. from Oxford, England

Long time problem now under control. Playing a CD did the trick. It's a CD I found on the net to make "crows be gone". I now play it for fun during the day just to keep peace in the neighborhood. I like it.

I have a big tree off patio & it is full of gorgeous hummingbirds & I have some feeders out for them. Other day I noticed many BIG birds, noisy loud, I think they were ? eating the hummingbirds babies & definitely petrifying the hummingbirds & the other cute birds in tree. Will climbing tree & putting CDs up also scare my hummingbirds & nice birds? i live in Las Vegas not that that matters probably. Can someone tell me what to do? I have even put bread out for crows in parking lot far from the tree.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Use CDs to scare away the birds from your berries and crops. Take wire and make a U shaped piece, put it through the hole in the CD. On the other side of the cd, curl the ends of the wire so it works as a hanger and the wire won't go through the hole to make a hanger. Hang the CD from fishing line. The flashing will scare away the birds. It will hang at a 30 to 45 degree angle.

CD Scare Tactics

CD's are good for the birds in the berries but they're also good for bunnies in the beans. I hang them with fishing line from extra wire stakes (upside down L shaped ones--They were for connecting several together to make a square stake for large plants). You can push the stakes down lower in the ground to rabbit eye level among your beans. Make sure the CD can move freely in the breeze. I'm sure other ideas for stakes will work as well. Bent wire clothes hangers maybe? I've tried this for the past two years with no nibble problems. (04/10/2007)

black crow
Getting Rid of Crows
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsJanuary 13, 2010