Storing Cucumbers in the Refrigerator

Does anyone know a good way to store cucumbers in the fridge? I've been putting them in paper towels and then a vented plastic bag and they just don't seem to last.
Thanks.

By Judy from Delta, BC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Keep unwashed cucumbers in the refrigerator crisper. Unwaxed cucumbers should be checked daily for spoilage, while waxed ones keep for about a week. Wrap cut cucumbers tightly in plastic wrap and use within a day or two.

Good luck.

There is a product advertised called Green Bags.. they are more expensive than regular plastic bags but are supposed to keep food fresh for like a week. My girlfriend uses them and swears by them. says even if they cost a bit more.. you save money as the food doesn't spoil. She says they work especially well for produce. fruits. veggies which have a shorter shelf life.

Put our sliced cucumbers in vinegar water. They will last longer

My mom will wash them slice them either long way or cross ways and puts them in a mason jar with plain water and keeps them in the refrigerator. They usually stay fresh for a while. Oh and keep the lid tight. and old jars will work too.

Here at our Supermarkets 1 cucumber is $1.99(!), so thanks for these tips. At those prices I planted my own and I can hardly wait for harvest.

Have you ever seen the metallic ziplock bags that some dried fruits like prunes and apricots are sold in? They resemble mylar which the helium balloon are made of. I save those bags as they keep herbs and chopped raw vegetables fresh and crisp for a long time - a week at least. Remember to let the air out of the bag before ziplocking it.

Answer

Food and Recipes StorageMay 27, 2010
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Cucumbers on ice.
Freezing Cucumbers
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:34:26 AM on 10.0.2.101 in 908 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.