When Should You Weed And Feed The Lawn?

By Linda Matthews 3 1

When is the best time to weed and feed a yard with powdered products? Should you water it afterward? How long should I keep my pets off of the lawn after spreading the weed and feed?

Linda from Arvada, CO

Showing: Answers Sort

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

The directions for Weed and Feed are on the bag of fertilizer. I personally don't use the weed and feed products anymore. I find that just the fertilizer is sufficient to control the weeds. I do have few dandelions, but I just dig them out when I feel like it. I don't think that weed and feed is necessary in the fall, but a good fall fertilizer is. Look at your local garden market for a special fall product, because you don't want the same sort of mix as you use in the spring. It depends on your brand of fertizer whether you need to water it in or not. I use the kind that doesn't require it.

If you have pets, I wouldn't use the weed killer kind any more, but if you must, it will say on the bag how long to keep pets off the lawn.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marg 3 142 Flag

You definitely want to put a pre-emergent crabgrass control on your lawn now. a week from now will be too late. Don't put it on wet grass and let it sit because it will burn the lawn. After you put it done make sure you water well. Or put it down right before it rains. That's the ideal time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Gardening LawnSeptember 29, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Lawn being replaced by moss.
Getting Rid of Moss in Your Lawn
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:12:04 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings