Tulips Have Sprouted, When Do I Plant?

I live in NW Ohio. I have some tulip bulbs that I just did not have time to plant last fall. I have them in my basement in a bag. They have "sprouts" coming out of them. Is it too late to plant them this Fall? What would happen if I planted them now? Dumb question, I know, but I know little about gardening. In fact, my husband used to tell me that I could kill plastic flowers. Ha, ha.

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

I'd plant them now as the 'sprouts' show that they are still alive. If they grow it will give the leaves a chance to feed the bulbs and then the cycle should get back to normal. Persevere with your gardening - it will give you so much pleasure!

Plant them now, this happened to my mom several years back and she had the preetiest red tulips ever. P.S. tell your husband like I tell mine. Zip your lips. LOL

Row of Tulips
Growing Tulips
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsJune 29, 2009
Mulching Tulips
Mulching Tulips
Pre-Sprouted Bulbs
Planting Pre-Sprouted Bulbs and Flowers
Red tulips in bloom.
Tulip Photos
Tulips Not Blooming
Tulips Not Blooming
🎉
🎄