Making a Fabric Wall Hanging

Are you having a hard time with trying to decide what to place on your wall in your open foyer? Or even just on a long wall? I have the solution for you!

• 24x24 inch plywood
  • 1x2x24 inch wood strip
  • wood glue
  • sheet foam
  • favorite material
  • staple gun
  • picture hangers

1. Glue the wood strip onto the board.
  2. Glue foam on smooth side of board.
  3. Stretch the material over the foam and staple it to the back of the board. Then nail the photo hanger in the center and you are ready to hang your photo.
  4. Place several in a row to cover your wall! Looks wonderful. Functional Decorating! :)

By Kerry from Oak Harbor, OH

wall hanging

That looks great, nice job. :)

For a temporary fabric wall try this solution used by Service wives who have to move a lot. Soak sheets in liquid starch and wring out then use a squeegee to paste them on the wall. It will stick and dry. When you want to move and take it with you just loosen and edge and peel off.

I've never tried this myself, just going on what I remember that they told me when I worked in a fabric store in the 80's. Would like to see some handy hints about it from someone who has done it.

Heart Shaped Wall Hanging Craft
Wall Hanging Craft Ideas
Crafts Home Decor WallsNovember 9, 2009
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Family Tree
Making a Family Tree Wall Hanging
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging