Scratches on a Wood Floor

Is there any way to get scratches out of a wood floor?

By Tracy from Staten Island, NY

I had the same problem. My 4 legged family member scratched my beautiful hardwood floors. I went to a local home and garden store to plead my case. They sell packages of assorted wax crayons specifically made to match nearly any color hardwood. After you apply the wax color (and you may have to mix colors) apply heat to that area to melt it into your flooring. I used my iron to apply heat. Just hold the iron just over the floor being aware not to touch the floor with it or else you get wax on your iron.

We just had a newly installed hardwood floor put in our kitchen. A large stool was drug over the floor, leaving a large scratch mark. My floor installer suggested taking a small amount of olive oil on a clean cloth & applying to the scratch. Great results.

May 4, 2010 Flag

My wood floors in my living room need some touch up.I would like to bring the shine out. There are some scratches on it. How can I fix that without sanding the whole floor? Please help. Thank you.

Maria

Answers:

Scratches on a Wood Floor

A product called Rejuvenate has worked wonders on the hardwood floors in our almost 80 year old home. It is somewhat pricey, but well worth the amazing results. It is available at Home Depot and some other home improvement type stores. Good luck.(03/02/2009)

By 17538

Scratches on a Wood Floor

Holloway House "Quick Shine" is a fairly inexpensive product (about $10 for a quart bottle at Wal-Mart) which is periodically applied to a clean floor with a clean damp mop. For the price I'd try it before trying the "Rejuvenate". (03/19/2009)

By Red Neck

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsMay 4, 2010
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Scratched Wood Floor
Repairing Scratches On Wood Floors
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄