Can you make syrup with Splenda?

Can simple syrup be made with Splenda?

Maryeileen from Brooklyn OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Don't know, check out this link for recipes.

http://splenda.allrecipes.com/default.aspx

I wouldn't think so, as simple syrup is just sugar and water cooked until it becomes a syrup and Splenda does not thicken with heating as sugar does. Depending on what you are making the simple syrup for, you could try making syrup with unsweetened apple or grape juice, cooking until thickened then cooling and adding Splenda if necessary. White grape would be best for this as it has the least flavour that would affect what you used the syrup in

I would be using the simple syrup for making lemonade.

Do you need syrup to make lemonade?

I make mine with splenda all the time and don't make syrup to do so. I just use it like regular sugar - dump in and mix.

There is a recipe on the website for it -

http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=104014

cfbandit...you're right, Splenda will dissolve better than sugar does so I wouldn't need to make a syrup. Thanks!

I would like to say to you to just be very carefull! Let people know that you have used Splenda because some people are allergic to it. I have terrible reactions to Splenda, and had the local pharmacist very concerned when I accidentally had a piece of my daughter's sugar-free gum sweetened with Splenda. We have used only sugar or honey since then.

Blessings,

Sheri

I would only be making it for me and my husband, but thank you for the warning, Sheri. I didn't even know people could be allergic to Splenda.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Sugar FreeJuly 21, 2007
Honey Substitute for Corn Syrup
Substitutes For Corn Syrup
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Homemade Maple Syrup
Making Your Own Maple Syrup
Splenda
Tips for Baking With Splenda
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 2, 2016 at 10:11:16 AM on 10.0.0.46 in 324 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.