Removing & Preventing Ingrown Hairs After Waxing

How do I get rid of in growths after waxing? I get terrible ingrowths which starts getting itchy before they come out of the skin and sometimes they don't even come of the skin, but grow within the skin.

Kamlesh from INDIA, MUMBAI

my friend had a hair that was ingrown & didn't know what it was. The clinician who waxed her told her it was an ingrown hair & proceeded to pry it out--it was THREE INCHES LONG!..YUCK! gulp.... YUCK!

There is a product you can buy--it's advertised for black men since this seems to be a regular problem for them, as their hair is naturally curly & curls back into the skin frequently.

I don't know any home remedies other than to squeeze & pry them out. What a mess, huh?

If you find out the secret, please let me know.

I have heard that there is a product called Tend Skin that is made for ingrown hairs.

I believe you can get it on among other places.

Let me know if it works, ok? The only thing is, I think it's pricey.

um...Stop waxing?

There is a great product called Tend Skin which will help with rash, ingrown hairs and other issues related to waxing. Also, make sure that the area is well cleansed before waxing and that the wax is being applied and pulled in the appropriate direction. Strip wax should be applied WITH the hair growth and hard wax AGAINST the growth. Wax should always be pulled against the growth pattern. Waxing truly needs to be done by a trained person. That trained person should know how to evaluate your hair growth patterns and should know how to address your skin issues.

See duplicate request. I posted help there.

hey you can exfoliate ur skin w/ towel after taking a shower or u can use a mild exfoliator everyday.

I'm an esthetician, which means I'm a professional waxer. Aside from proper waxing techniques, salicylic acid, which is found in many acne face cleaners used daily on waxed areas helps prevent ingrown hairs. Salicylic acid is an exfoliater. You can use a product such as neutrogena face wash with salicylic acid just as you normally would on your face, but where you get ingrowns. As an added bonus if used in the underarms it helps control odor too :)

TENDSKIN... IS the solution. Shop around on EBay or the internet. You can find retailers who discount the price.

Use it immediately after shaving and everyday. Waxing will reduce the regrowth of hair, to the point where it starts to die. The hairs that do regrow are finer & more sparse.

I have been recommending brazilian waxes to my patients who have reoccurring yeast or urinary tract infections.

The removal of the hair keeps the vulva area cooler & there is less for the bacteria & moisture to collect on.

I've been an OB/GYN for over 25 years - this is the only preventative measure that I have found that works, along with proper hygiene (cleansing & cotton gusset panties).

TENDSKIN goes a long way... wet a small area on an old washcloth & rub it onto the affected area. Turn the washcloth over I use the other side of the wet spot again.

I bet you never thought that you'd actually have a sue for the "wet spot" did you!?

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalSeptember 8, 2007
A foot with an ingrown toenail.
Remedies for Ingrown Toenails
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs, Man Plucking Eyebrows
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs
Photo of a white fiberglass boat.
Removing Wax From a Boat
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft