Painting Walls to Coordinate with Brown Carpet

By Meagan Jackson 1

What color should I paint my walls when I have dark brown carpet?

By Meaganm03 from NC

Showing: Answers Sort

By Kim 2 31 Flag

You will probably want to stick to a light color to avoid the room getting too dark.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cammie 1 Flag

My entire house is brown and something, as I believe brown looks wonderful with just about any color. My house has brown mixed with teal, olive, blue, pink (daughter's room), cranberry and yellow. Of course not all of those colors are in one room. I don't know what room you are doing, but I would suggest finding an accent piece (maybe a pillow) that you love that has brown and another color in it. Then, use that pillow to pull the room color and accessorize from there! Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam Griffis 10 102 Flag

Since brown is a neutal color, you have a lagre range of colors you could use( though I would suggest a cream or blue shade or even a tan). If the room is small or not well lit, I would stay with a light shade of whatever color you choose. You could use darker color shades in your accents.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Loretta 18 125 Flag

Depending on what the room is used for, you could use a soft cream, even with a soft yellow tint. or you could go with an off white on three walls, and give it some pop with a bright color, like a light yellow, or a red that is compatible with the brown. Use bits of the contrast color in other accessories, so as not to just have that one bold color screaming at you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By merlene smith 4 311 Flag

A very pretty combination that is in stores now is a robin egg blue and brown. There are a lot of fabrics and accessories with this brown and almost an aqua blue color scheme.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Allison 460 Flag

How about a rich tan to balance it out. Also try this paint program that lets you see colors together. Can just do walls and trim, but it will give you ideas.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Attractive living room with brown carpet.
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Brown Carpet
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 2, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Burgundy Carpet
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 9:25:44 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings