Painting Walls to Coordinate with Brown Carpet

What color should I paint my walls when I have dark brown carpet?

By Meaganm03 from NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You will probably want to stick to a light color to avoid the room getting too dark.

My entire house is brown and something, as I believe brown looks wonderful with just about any color. My house has brown mixed with teal, olive, blue, pink (daughter's room), cranberry and yellow. Of course not all of those colors are in one room. I don't know what room you are doing, but I would suggest finding an accent piece (maybe a pillow) that you love that has brown and another color in it. Then, use that pillow to pull the room color and accessorize from there! Good Luck!

Since brown is a neutal color, you have a lagre range of colors you could use( though I would suggest a cream or blue shade or even a tan). If the room is small or not well lit, I would stay with a light shade of whatever color you choose. You could use darker color shades in your accents.

Depending on what the room is used for, you could use a soft cream, even with a soft yellow tint. or you could go with an off white on three walls, and give it some pop with a bright color, like a light yellow, or a red that is compatible with the brown. Use bits of the contrast color in other accessories, so as not to just have that one bold color screaming at you.

A very pretty combination that is in stores now is a robin egg blue and brown. There are a lot of fabrics and accessories with this brown and almost an aqua blue color scheme.

How about a rich tan to balance it out. Also try this paint program that lets you see colors together. Can just do walls and trim, but it will give you ideas.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com

Answer

Attractive living room with brown carpet.
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Brown Carpet
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 2, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Burgundy Carpet
Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 15, 2016 at 10:05:35 AM on 10.0.2.143 in 665 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.