Choosing the Best Kitchen Knives

I need to know what brand of kitchen knife would be the best to buy. I need a sharp knife for cutting meats, one for vegetables, and one for bread. Thank you.

By Sally

I don't profess to know the best knives for everything although I do have a set of Cutco steak knives which were very expensive and worth it. For tomatoes I bought a special tomato knife from Chef's Catalog and will never be without one again!

I bought a set of Chicago Cutlery and along with the set it has one of those knife blocks where you store the knives. It also has a knife sharpener, which is a long rod for keeping the knives sharp.

I agree with MCW about Chicago Cutlery. I have used them for 50 years. Walmart carries them and they hold an edge for a long ltime. They are an excellent knife for a reasonable price. Of course you can get an excellent knife for a big price too. My kids bought me a set of very expensive knives and I still use the Chicago Cutlery because they stay sharp. I really like looking at the beautiful rosewood handles on the expensive set.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsAugust 2, 2011
Kitchen knives in storage blocks.
Storing Kitchen Knives
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Old Rusty Sheath Knife
Removing Rust from Knives
🎉
🎄