Weed Prevention Tips When Preparing Garden

What can I do when preparing my garden for planting, to prevent weeds?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By Bobby from Demossville, KY

Do you want to make a raised bed garden? If so search for"How to make a raised bed garden". There's lot of info online. If not you need to spray the spot with a weed killer. Get more info from your county agent, good luck.

Cornmeal is a great germination inhibitor but I wouldn't use it in the garden since you want your seeds to germinate. It is great where you don't want seeds to germinate. I use it a lot to keep the weeds down. Pat

I spray the area for a new/fresh garden with Round-Up about 2-3 weeks before I plant. Added top soil, maure and peat. Raked it smooth. Last year I laid out s biodgradable week blocker over the bare ground then added shredded mulch. Then I planted all my flowers. Very few weeds came up this sring.

A nicely planted organic vegetable garden.
Preventing Weeds When Planting Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsFebruary 15, 2010
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Medicago lupulina (Black medick)
Getting Rid of Black Medic Weed
Propane Weed Burner
Making a Propane Weed Burner