Shop Bargain Outlets For Bras

I shudder when I see bras for $30-40 or more. That's a lot of money to me! Luckily I have worn smaller bra sizes all my life. As a young woman, I wore AAA teenage bras and I discovered that I could get perfectly good ones from dollar stores!

As I got older, I continued to look for bras there. I have gotten Hanes unstructured bras from the 99 Cent Store here in Los Angeles, as well as other no-name versions here, at the Dollar Tree and other bargain outlets.

These no-frill bras are perfectly serviceable. But you have to remember that all sizes are not available at the same time, as they are received in lots. I try the bras on over my t-shirt to check the size, as bras always vary. So when you see a nice one in your size, buy several and stock up!

There are also very good bra deals on www.hanes.com and at Justmysize for larger sizes. Look for their sales! I confess, I have bought slightly used bras at thrift shops, but only go for those that look as if there is little or no wear. For $3-6 for a $30 bra, is a good deal.

By Pamphyila from LA, CA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

As long as you know your size - go to ebay. Search for your size and the word "lot".

I usually get a set of 6 bras for the cost of one retail - they are brand new, wide selection of sizes and styles, and they normally come with free shipping.

I also check in the clearance sections of department stores. Especially be on the lookout when they have an extra percentage off clearance. I found $34 VF bras marked $7.99. It was also buy one/get one 75% off so got 2 for less than $10!

I buy my bras at Walmart or KMart. They usually are around $4 each. They are not padded or wired and I am happy because I don't like padded or wired. They may be $5 now, but the same brand cost $3 when I found the first bras I bought.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Consumer Advice Clothing BuyingOctober 17, 2011
Electrical Outlet
Removing Paint From Electrical Outlets
Bra isolated on a white background.
Washing Bras
a pretty bra
Craft Uses for Bras
Electrical Outlet
Adding More Electrical Outlets to an Old Fuse Box
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 10:05:05 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 822 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.