Craft Uses for Bras

Category Clothing
If you like to craft and are creative, you might consider working on projects using old bras, either in their entirety or by recycling parts. This is a guide about craft uses for bras.

This guide is about making a purse from a brassiere. An unusual purse can be fashioned from a bra.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for instructions for making a bra hat and purse.

Janette from Wilkesboro, NC

Answers

I have seen those purses made from "bras" but until now I have never seen a hat made from a bra nor seen anyone who would wear one. That is until now, I just saw a bunch of pics submitted by another poster. It got me to thinking, if they make the hat from a bra do they make their purses from the panties? LOL

By marilyn (Guest Post)

BUT-- can we make a bra from a hat?

Haven't made a purse yet but the hat is easy Cut the straps off and the back hooks from back strap This is what I did:

I sewed the center of the bra closed Then I took some beaded fringe and sewed it around the "front" of the hat Then I took the back strap and finished the ends Added Velcro to the spot I need it to close in the back I added some feathers and a couple of pins It is cute I think to make the purse you would probably remove the back strap and sew the cups together Leave the top open and add a snap This will let you "close" it. Use the straps for the strap of the purse Sounds logical Guess I will have to go try it I bought a $4.00 bra at the Dollar Store. Have fun with it.

i am learning a bra making if you want help from me i will help you

I know your comment is ancient, but... isn't the center of the bra already sewn closed? And which part of the bra is the "front" if the hat? It sounds like you have simply made a visor/headband with lumps (bra cups) and fringe.

I wish I could see a picture.

I have a really pretty bra that no longer fits. I am trying to get ideas for a craft to use the fabric, as I don't want to throw it out. I know about making a purse, but that idea isn't for me. Anyone else have any ideas? I just recently made a pillow from a half slip that I bought in the early 80s.

By Denise from GA

Answers

I have a few I've made sending pictures to you if I can!

How do I make a hat from a bra?

Janice from Jacksonville, NC

Answers:

Making A Hat From A Bra

Hummmm, why would anyone want a hat made from a bra? (05/13/2008)

By

Making A Hat From A Bra

Tie it under your chin.:) (05/13/2008)

By izzy

Making A Hat From A Bra

LOL - Well I have never heard of this, but had an idea. How about crocheting around it, until you get a large circle. (05/13/2008)

By Daphna Ariel

Making A Hat From A BraRE: Making A Hat From A Bra

This question cracked me up so I had to investigate.

Looks like most people making 'bra hats' are either doing a breast cancer charity walk or are in the Red Hat society.

Sorry I couldn't find any instructions but maybe these pics will give you some ideas: