Craft Uses for Bras

Category Clothing
a pretty bra
If you like to craft and are creative, you might consider working on projects using old bras, either in their entirety or by recycling parts. This is a guide about craft uses for bras.

I am looking for instructions for making a bra hat and purse.

Janette from Wilkesboro, NC

Answers

I have seen those purses made from "bras" but until now I have never seen a hat made from a bra nor seen anyone who would wear one. That is until now, I just saw a bunch of pics submitted by another poster. It got me to thinking, if they make the hat from a bra do they make their purses from the panties? LOL

BUT-- can we make a bra from a hat?

Haven't made a purse yet but the hat is easy Cut the straps off and the back hooks from back strap This is what I did:

I sewed the center of the bra closed Then I took some beaded fringe and sewed it around the "front" of the hat Then I took the back strap and finished the ends Added Velcro to the spot I need it to close in the back I added some feathers and a couple of pins It is cute I think to make the purse you would probably remove the back strap and sew the cups together Leave the top open and add a snap This will let you "close" it. Use the straps for the strap of the purse Sounds logical Guess I will have to go try it I bought a $4.00 bra at the Dollar Store. Have fun with it.

i am learning a bra making if you want help from me i will help you

I have a really pretty bra that no longer fits. I am trying to get ideas for a craft to use the fabric, as I don't want to throw it out. I know about making a purse, but that idea isn't for me. Anyone else have any ideas? I just recently made a pillow from a half slip that I bought in the early 80s.

By Denise from GA

I have a few I've made sending pictures to you if I can!