Making a Hat From a Bra?

I am looking for instructions for making a bra hat and purse.

Janette from Wilkesboro, NC

I have seen those purses made from "bras" but until now I have never seen a hat made from a bra nor seen anyone who would wear one. That is until now, I just saw a bunch of pics submitted by another poster. It got me to thinking, if they make the hat from a bra do they make their purses from the panties? LOL

By marilyn (Guest Post)

BUT-- can we make a bra from a hat?

Haven't made a purse yet but the hat is easy Cut the straps off and the back hooks from back strap This is what I did:

I sewed the center of the bra closed Then I took some beaded fringe and sewed it around the "front" of the hat Then I took the back strap and finished the ends Added Velcro to the spot I need it to close in the back I added some feathers and a couple of pins It is cute I think to make the purse you would probably remove the back strap and sew the cups together Leave the top open and add a snap This will let you "close" it. Use the straps for the strap of the purse Sounds logical Guess I will have to go try it I bought a $4.00 bra at the Dollar Store. Have fun with it.

I know your comment is ancient, but... isn't the center of the bra already sewn closed? And which part of the bra is the "front" if the hat?

It sounds like you have simply made a visor/headband with lumps (bra cups) and fringe. I wish I could see a picture.

i am learning a bra making if you want help from me i will help you

Crafts AdviceJune 16, 2008
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf45631643.tip.html