How Long Does It Take a Tomato Plant to Set Fruit?

This is my first time planting tomato plants. I planted my seeds 2 months or so ago and now they are about 3 feet tall and have many flowers on them. When are they going to start producing fruit? Or are they even going to? Do I need to just start over? I have seedlings that are a month old from just seeds, what should I do differently when I go to replant them? Thank you for your time. You are awesome for answering these questions. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By Catherine from Cape Canaveral, FL

Tomatoes pollinate each other. Go out and beat them about a bit. not kidding. :) You have still plenty of time for tomatoes, with luck and good conditions they can make into the early fall.

If your tomato plants have many flowers, you're doing good so far! Where each flower is, soon there will be a small green fruit about the size of a blueberry that will grow larger and gradually turn red over the next few weeks, until soon you can eat some delicious tomatoes. :)

Shake your tomatoes plants gently when you go out especially if the wind is not blowing. They are self pollinating and a gentle shake should do it.

Now that the flowers are on the plants they should start bearing little green fruit. This has been a wierd growing season in many parts of the country. Be patient Darlin, mine are slow too.

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJuly 10, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Tomato Hornworms
Controlling Tomato Hornworms