Make Friends with the Maintenance Folks

This sounds weird, but make friends with your work maintenance people. I have gotten two side tables (parts of desks), a four-drawer filing cabinet, a set of shelves and many, many office supplies all because they were throwing them out and the maintenance men knew I like a good deal.

By Kathleen K.

It doesn't sound at all weird to me. My son is a maintenence supervisor for an apartment complex in Las Vegas, and believe me he'll go out of his way to give special attention to those who are friendly and kind. I was always taught growing up to be friendly to those who do a service for you, even if it is their job. Offer a cold glass of water or a soft drink. I've always had good service. My grandmother always kept a pitcher of ice water on the kitchen counter to give to the bread man, the milkman, the mailman etc. The nicer you are to them, the nicer they are to you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceApril 13, 2005
sedum flowers
Low Maintenance Plants
Senior Citizens
Name Ideas for a Senior Citizen Group
Nursing Home
Finding Nursing Home Donations
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 4:14:22 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.